Adjust the sensitivity of the mouse pad on the laptop.
Would like to know how do i dampen the motion of the touch pad?
Default setting is to sensitive. While typing if the thumb comes close to the pad
the pointer jumps all around. Difficult ! (Windows 7)
Anwsers to the Problem Adjust the sensitivity of the mouse pad on the laptop.
Open Mouse options from the Control Panel, then look for touch pad options (most laptop makers use Synaptics(tm) brand touchpads, so it will probably be on a tab called Synaptics).
I believe the feature to dampen the sensitivity is called just plain sensitivity.
But there's another setting called "Palm Check" that you can use instead: that lets you keep the sensitivity high so it's easy to use when you want it, but if it detects
a large press (like your palm touching it accidentally) it will ignore it automatically.
If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle.
If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Adjust the sensitivity of the mouse pad on the laptop.:
How to Fix Adjust the sensitivity of the mouse pad on the laptop. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Aero Crashes Installing Program on windows 7 RC1 [Anwsered],Fast Solution to Error: Adding to Favorites older folders after upgrade to IE8 from IE7,[Anwsered] After 4\/18\/13 updates Aero stopped working. Desktop Window Manager is disabled,How to Fix Error - adding page breaks?,How Can You Fix - adding language to windows 8?,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded