Any way to automate creation of Win 7 Restore Points? I'd like the system to automagically create one each night
If possible, I'd take it a step further and have the system overlay the oldest of 7 previous restore points, so I always had a access to the latest previous seven nightly restore points, but didn't load up my disk by creating new ones ad infitinum - -
Keys to the Problem Any way to automate creation of Win 7 Restore Points? I'd like the system to automagically create one each night
You need to use the Task Scheduler feature to automate the creation of system restore points.
Here is how:
Windows has an in build task scheduler, to open it, type “task Scheduler” in start menu search and click enter.
In the task scheduler, open the action menu and select “Create Basic Task”.
In the next step, enter the name and description of the task, you can chose your desired name.
Click next button and select when you want to execute the task.
You can select daily, weekly, monthly or other options specified.
We would suggest the weekly option.
Now select the time to run the task as well as the days.
In the next step, you need to specify what to do with the scheduled task.
Here select the first option “Start a program” and click next.
Using the browse option, select the system restore point creation tool downloaded in the first step.
Make sure you keep the application in a specified folder as this should not be moved from its location once specified.
Click next and it shows a summary of the task created.
Once you click finish, your task is scheduled, which mean system restore point creation tool will execute itself every week on the specified time and day.
Schedule a task
Hope this helps.
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error Any way to automate creation of Win 7 Restore Points? I'd like the system to automagically create one each night has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Any way to automate creation of Win 7 Restore Points? I'd like the system to automagically create one each night:
How to Fix Any way to automate creation of Win 7 Restore Points? I'd like the system to automagically create one each night with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will scan your system. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: error message fsui.exe/ wlidcli.dll is missing
,Solution to Error: Excel: Automatic number generation
,Troubleshoot:i wanna change language of all windows in Windows 7 Home Premium
,Troubleshooting:IF Function, if the vendor ID in column A matches any of the vendor ID's in column F, I want 1099 to appear in column D. Error
,Fast Solution to Problem: ReadyBoost is not working properly in my computer
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22),brclr.dll.mu_ Missing Error Fixer,How To Resolve Missing fin_myagtui.eng Problem,Corrupted f_0006ad File - How to Fix,nkebigvg.cpl Not Found Error Fixer,Corrupted olcontrols.ocx File - How to Fix
Read More: Fast Solution to Problem: Answer NNTP Bridge Qs,[Anwsered] Aol email freezes after 30 mins.,Fast Solution to Problem: All rows are active...even though blank,Application Error: \"windows logon user interface host has stopped working\" [Anwsered],Troubleshoot:APPLY A THEME __,After Windows Update CD/DVD drive does not work,After installing windows 7 to laptop the labels print out of line how can I fix it,After my computer sleeps the wireless always disconnects and will no reconnect,After signing into Pogo.com, I get a message" This tab has been recovered"....what does this mean and how do I fix it.....,All desktop icons changed to windows live and does not open