disk volume error while performing system maintence
can someone explain to me how i can get my laptop to quit saying disk vlume error when i do the system maintence
Anwsers to the Problem disk volume error while performing system maintence
You may run disk error check and check if it helps you fix the issue.
Access the link below and follow the steps to check the drive for errors on all the drives and fix it.
After completing the disk error checking restart the computer and check if you receive the same error.
You may also run the chkdsk utility from command prompt and check if it helps.To run the chkdsk utility follow the steps below:
Click on Start.In the start search box type CMD.In the list right click on CMD and click on “Run as administrator”In the command prompt, type the following command: chkdsk /f /r and press enter
The check disk will run on the restart.
Once you are back to the desktop verify if you see the error in system maintenance.
Hope this helps.
Let us know the results.
Thanks and Regards,
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: disk volume error while performing system maintence:
How to Fix disk volume error while performing system maintence with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: Way to Update & Download SONY SVE14A2X1EH Wireless State Device driver,How to Update & Download SONY SVS1511X9RB Graphics Driver for D2 (Intel) v.9.17 - 188.8.131.5228,Method to Download SONY VGN-CR290N Realtek High Definition Audio Driver v.184.108.40.20633,Download SONY VGN-FS710/W Utilities DLL Update v.6.4.0.06290 driver,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR460E/P Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver v.220.127.116.1147,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error,Solution to ashoutxt.dll Missing Error,Solution to cxcore096.dll Missing Error,Where can I Find dsauth.dll File,How to Fix msde.dll Not Found Error,Best Method to Fix psizewizres.dll Error
Read More: Fast Solution to Error: Down Arrow to the Right of the URL block...,DLLRegisterserver failed with error code 0x8002801 [Solved],Troubleshooting:DLL Error when trying to install\/uninstall Age of Empires III - The Warchiefs,Troubleshooting:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION in Windows 8 Error,How Can I Fix - Display Chart Data based on dates?,Data validation question. Maintaining and updating named ranges.,Desktop Gadget Gallery on Windows 7,delete empty rows,Deleting a page and also how can I copy an exact page lay out on a new page,Date Formula for 1st Sunday of each Month (3rd to 9th)