Dell running Windows 7 is not working and freezes at random
I have a dell windows 7 intel core i5 processor desktop pc.
within the last few days, it get hanged a few times.
today, i switched off the computer to install updated but when i restarted it, it was in safe mode.
i tried to run McAfee security scan
but then they said that Real-Time Scanning is Off.
so i tried to switch it one but it didn't work and so i couldn't run the security scan.
however, they said that my computer is at risk.
so i restored it to a previous date but still it ran on safe mode.
restarted it a few more times but then all the icons and the taskbar in the screen disappeared.
actually the screen just became a black screen with nothing on it.
when i restarted it after taking a test that they mentioned, a html window appeared with the
file name 'Administrator: cmd.exe'.
2mins after the screen was left untouched, a screen saver was supposed to come but instead it showed this message: The screen saver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that's compatible with Direct3D.'
when i click ctrl+alt+del, i can see the reboot options and the taskbar manager option as usual.
so now i'm in a utter confusion of what to do next.
i need to get an answer as soon as possible.
this is the first time i'm having a problem in this computer.
Anwsers to the Problem Dell running Windows 7 is not working and freezes at random
Hi ArunRegi Alex,
· Have you made any changes on the computer prior to this issue?
· Do you get any error message or an error code?
Follow these methods.
Method 1: Disconnect all external devices such as printer, scanner, etc.
Method 2: Put the computer in clean boot state in
safe mode to see if there is any software conflict as clean boot helps to eliminate software conflicts.
Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, follow
Step 7 in the link to return the computer to Normal startup mode.
Method 3: Perform a scan using “Microsoft Safety Scanner” to check for any virus or malware.
Method 4: You may also try a system restore in
You may also provide event log information.
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error Dell running Windows 7 is not working and freezes at random has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Dell running Windows 7 is not working and freezes at random:
How to Fix Dell running Windows 7 is not working and freezes at random with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 220.127.116.11059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.18.104.22.168 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.22.214.171.124,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: How to Fix Problem - Deleted part of Registry, cannot open .exe, .lnk and can't access sytem restore?,Troubleshooting:DEP is always reported disabled every time I run Microsoft Fixit for IE Error,Troubleshoot:Dell 968 AIO will not print. Error,Fast Solution to Error: Data Entry User Form based on my worksheet fields,Troubleshooter of Error: Data Validation - 2 Different Criteria in a single cell